Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!! I completly forgot about it this morning when I woke up but then when I got to school and everyone was in pink and red - I remembered. The school council did this event where for only today you can be out of uniform to wear either and pink, red or white shirt. So my school looks all pretty today:) Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Valentines day I guess you could say. Maybe I just don't completly understand why the media finds the need to make a day where you remember to love the people that mean the most to you. Industries and the media tend to use this holiday, that originated with a good cause, to make a profit. Maybe if Valentines Day wasn't so tainted it I would enjoys it a bit more. But on the up side, enjoy your days and I love you alll! xxoo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh-very interesting thought Megz. That we need a holiday to remind people to love. It may seem like that's not the case, but on a deeper level it most definitely is. What a world eh?

Matthew

February 14, 2006 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea soo tru sis..

Valentine's Day is truly a commercialized 'hallmark' holiday..and it didnt even orginate with good intentions.. and man (Valentine) was killed (stoned i think)for trying to marry ppl under the Catholic church; then they decided to make him the patron saint of lovers.. wierd eh?

Neways, much love
xoxoxxox

February 15, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Linda Hope said...

I totally know what you mean!! :)

Well, my love, i hope you still had a fabulous day!!

Love you,
Linda

February 15, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home